1. The butterfly valve has simple structure, small volume, light weight, and small installation space of the pipeline. The switching operation is quick and labor-saving, and the butterfly plate only needs to rotate 90 ° to realize the opening and closing of the butterfly valve. These structural characteristics of the butterfly valve make the butterfly valve not only used for cutting off or connecting the medium in the pipeline, but also can be used as a regulating valve to adjust the medium in the pipeline.
2. Butterfly valves are generally used in low-pressure pipelines, and can be used in pipelines containing impurities such as mud, with little accumulation of impurities in the pipeline mouth.
3. Butterfly valves are energy-saving products. The streamlined design of the butterfly plate can minimize the fluid resistance in the pipeline.
4. The valve stem is a through-shaft structure with high strength and good corrosion resistance and scratch resistance. When the butterfly valve is opened and closed, the valve stem only rotates horizontally in place, and the packing at the valve stem is not easily damaged, ensuring the sealing performance of the packing. In addition, the valve stem is fixed to the cone pin of the butterfly plate, and the anti-flushing design of the extended part prevents the valve stem from collapsing when the connection between the valve stem and the butterfly plate breaks accidentally, causing danger.
5. The connection mode of butterfly valve is diversified, including wafer connection, flange connection, butt welding connection, screw connection and lug wafer connection.
The structural characteristics of butterfly valves are these. Compared with other valve types, butterfly valves are more suitable for large-diameter valves.